Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What Hides in the Dark - No simple life...

I always thought there must be a simple life somewhere but I was wrong…
Or at least not for everyone.
There's no easy way out for me, I think it's karmic… Kill some vamps and endure the karmic punishment of killing.
No one told me the "what goes around comes around" also applies when you kill evil beings.
Here we go again…
- Hey sucker, what a piece of me? I'm fresh and juicy.
Usually that's all it takes to lure them in, it's growing kind of boring of how easy it has become since my first killing.
I was so young... I still believe it was basic survival instinct and a lot of movies about vamps and luck… a lot of luck, my big guardian angel looking over me.
- Well… you want it or not? I can't wait all night… I'm sure there's more of you to slay tonight, I'm aiming for 5 tonight. What do you think?
Here we go, it was about time too. First step, dodge the charging body heading in your direction. Second step, use his momentum and physical traits against him. Third step, don't get hit in the stomach or face, somehow I always fail to remember that one. But hey, bonus points for bleeding and causing his frenzy.
This one is a big boy, I love when they try to put up a fight… Yes, I know. I
I've been beat up pretty badly a couple of times, but still my neck has no scars to compensate for the ones on my body. My own personal battle trophies.
- Angie, are you finishing him or what? Maybe you need my manly assistance, huh?
Yeah, right… Brad finishing him for me, that would be a first.
Brad is my… well… partner. His parents got killed by stepping accidentally into a nest. Lucky for him, I was around but it was way to late for his parents.
We keep each other company, train together, hunt together and well… sometimes we get lonely and take care of that together also.
- Brad, baby… Don't call me Angie.
Dodge that and stake. Done.
- Come on, you can buy me a beer before we head to the park. I've heard that there are some passionate vamp lovers attacking joggers together.
- Sure Angela. You know I can't let an opportunity to take a walk in the park with you pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment